1. Definitions and Interpretation
- I” and “my” means my Practice and I;
- “Personal Information” means Personal Information relating to an identifiable person (natural or legal) as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- “Practice” means my professional clinical psychology practice that this Website relates to;
- “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of Personal Information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- “Website” means the Website of the Practice at URL www.ismattherapy.co.za or such other URL as the Practice may choose from time to time; and
- “You” or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this Website for any purpose.
- The materials published on this Website are provided for general information purposes only and do not constitute advice.
- Whilst every effort is made to update the information regularly and to offer the most current, correct, and accurate information, I accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever if any information is, for whatever reason, incorrect, inaccurate, or dated.
- I accept no responsibility for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, which may arise from access to or reliance on the information contained in these pages.
- I have taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this Website and its contents, however no warranty is given that any files, downloads, or applications available via this Website are free of viruses which have the ability to corrupt your system.
3. Processing of personal information
- By providing your Personal Information to the Practice you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its Processing by me.
- If you are providing Personal Information regarding a minor, you specifically consent to me retaining and Processing such personal Information and warrant that you are entitled to provide such Personal Information;
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the Website (e.g., through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the Processing of that information:
- I shall only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested;
- I shall only Process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is Processed;
- Personal Information will only be Processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing, or I am otherwise permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of Personal Information;
- I shall keep records of all Personal Information collected through this Website for a period of 1 (one) year or as might be otherwise stipulated by legislation;
- I shall not disclose any Personal Information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained, or if I am required to do so by law;
- If Personal Information is released with your consent, I shall retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used; andI shall destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by me for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently Processed. In addition, upon request (through the Contact Detail), I shall destroy or alter any Personal Information that I gathered from you.
- I may, in accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002 use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
4. Collection of anonymous data
- Collection of anonymous data may use standard technology to collect Information about the use of this Website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows me to collect statistics.
- I may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive, to keep a record of your interaction with this Website and facilitate user convenience.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide me with feedback on the performance of this Website.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- the browser software used;
- IP address;
- date and time of activities while visiting the Website;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this Website, it is possible to alter the way your browser handles cookies on your computer. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this Website may not be available.
I take reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this Website but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you because of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
6. Links to other websites